Set up, test, and adjust manufacturing machinery or equipment, using any combination of electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or computer technologies.
Service Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Service Technician to join our team.
- Accurately provide reporting information;
- To competently perform the duties listed above and to represent the Company in a professional manner;
- Responsible for driving to locations as directed by pre-set appointments according to territory assigned;
- Provide accurate and timely reporting consistent with company policies; and;
- Performing repairs at customer’s homes in making adjustments, replacing parts and pieces, taking measurement and documenting all work performed;
- Routine and emergency service and repairs of pumps and diesel fleet both on site and in the field;
- To perform chemical analysis of treated systems and to sample for biological reports where required;
- Report to Service Coordinator of any issue that needs addressing by a higher authority;
- Undertake regular service, maintenance and repair of commercial catering equipment;
- Provide high levels of customer service at all times;
- To maintain customers sites to a high standard of cleanliness and in line with OHS requirements;
- Maintain service supply cabinets as required;
- Ability to perform simple and complex mechanical & technical modifications;
- Ensure all chemical containers in the service vehicle and on site are correctly labelled in accordance with ADG code and securely sealed and stowed;
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all stakeholders both internal and external; and.
- Be qualified with limited electrical connect and disconnect as a minimum;
- Valid drivers License;
- Reliable, have good initiative, and quality focused;
- Ochre card;
- Strong diagnostic and fault finding skills;
- MR or HR Licence;
- Ability to work autonomously;
- Forklift Licence;
- Electrical/Instrumentation qualifications preferred (TAFE certificate/diploma or equivalent);
- Previous technician experience;
- Good time management, well organized, and meet deadlines;
- Prior industry experience and knowledge of control systems, PLC, SCADA, instrumentation and Ex equipment will be highly regarded;
- Good communication skills with a customer service focus;
- Diagnosis and fault finding of electrical and mechanical systems;
- Display Integrity and Professionalism.