Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as architecture and engineering or research and development in these fields.
Chief Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chief Engineer to join our team.
- Provide technical representation to the Service Delivery Board;
- Ensures the disposal of sludge, bilge waters, oily waters and exhausted oils in accordance with national and international regulations;
- Determines the volume of oil, fuel, water and lube required for each cruise and ensures that substantial quantities of each is on board;
- Ensure an accurate and up-to-date set of documentation and models is maintained and available for the operational environment;
- Is directly responsible for the operation of the engine room and any maintenance of machinery on board the vessel;
- Maintains updated inventory for any spare parts, extra fuel and oil;
- Participate in the creation/updates of technical policy, including assessment of new and emerging technologies;
- Provide impact assessments for new proposals and projects on the current environment;
- Ensure technical and operational readiness for programs and projects;
- Participate in development and on-going operation of technology project governance and change control;
- Participate in the reviewing of solution and project High-Level Designs and Low-Level Designs with a focus on operational environment;
- Technical approval for change requests on the live environment;
- Contribute to the creation of road maps for approved in-use technologies, exploration and renewal;
- Works closely with their primary assistant for general daily operations in the engine room;
- Technical approval for service management aspects/components.
- Stress Tolerance;
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy;
- Problem solving;
- Certificate of Competency IMO III/2 + passengers ship familiarisation;
- Excellent communication skills;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board;
- Excellent team management abilities;
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- Previous experience in both mechanical and electrical engineering as well as experience in the oil refinery industry;
- Master’s degree or Polytechnic degree of technical ship operations.