Captains , sometimes called masters , have overall command of a vessel. They have the final responsibility for the safety of the crew, cargo, and passengers. Captains typically do the following:
Captain Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Captain to join our team.
- Is fully responsible for crisis management and course of action in case of emergency;
- Is responsible for the safe navigation of the vessel;
- Ensures the ship’s full compliance with the USPHS procedures;
- Makes sure that any cruise report is regularly transmitted to the shoreside offices;
- Acts as the main company ambassador in the ports of call, with company partners and guests;
- Supervises the execution of standard procedures;
- Monitors the organization and the execution of emergency drills;
- Is responsible for the safety and life of every person on board;
- Ensures the application of MLC2006 laws on board;
- Ensures policy implementations and provides relevant instructions to staff .
- Passengers ship familiarisiation;
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- Master’s degree or Polytechnic degree of technical ship operations;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board;
- Certificate of Competency IMO II/2 +
- Stress Tolerance;
- Problem solving;
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy;
- Excellent management skills;
- Certificate of capacity as Master ( STCW Re. II/2) unlimited.