Fitter Machinist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Fitter Machinist to join our team.
- Alignment to Motors (Laser) and Generators (Airgap & shaft, incl. 16 pt. checks);
- Troubleshooting dragline rotating equipment (Vibration, temperature, alignment, etc.);
- Work to direction and under limited supervision;
- Control Hold Points and Product Release;
- Conducting Mechanical Performance reviews (AC and DC Rotating Equipment);
- Mechanical Performance reviews (Rotating Equipment);
- Performing breakdown and troubleshooting services;
- Create, Register, Control and Complete records suitable for each project;
- Quality documentation suitable for each project;
- Isolate and quarantine non-conforming product, machines and equipment;
- Commutator Machining in-situ. (Incl. undercutting and beveling of comm. Segments);
- Maintaining strong relationships with Mining Customers;
- Commissioning and Installation of dragline rotating equipment (including Thrust Bearings, Pedestal bearings and associated components);
- Adhere to Quality Policy.
- Heavy manual machining experience on lathes, horizontal/ vertical borers;
- Large megawatt generator repair/ rewind experience;
- Engineering trade qualification (Fitter & Machinist);
- Knowledge and experience of process and procedure and repairs of mechanical plant;
- Detailed experience on high speed rotating equipment overhaul i.e. turbines, pumps, compressors, fans etc.