Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees’ time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks.
Payroll Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Payroll Assistant to join our team.
- Attend email inbox for queries relating to payroll;
- Issue contract variation letters such as hours change, manager change and title change;
- Manage the police clearance and working with childrens card requirement according to the relevant policies;
- Maintain employment records in the system such as position movements, qualifications, police clearance checks and contract expiry dates;
- Prepare new employee commencement documentations.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications & a high level of technology aptitude;
- Experience with ADP, highly advantageous;
- Accounting related TAFE / Degree Qualified;
- Possess knowledge, understand and interpret the General Retail Industry Award 2010;
- Experience coordinating work with a team, local & international;
- Possess knowledge, interpret and apply payroll-related compliance legislation;
- 2 – 3 years payroll experience;
- Ability to work in a flexible manner and meet deadlines;
- Ability to identify & escalate issues and propose suggestions for improvements;
- Ability to maintain a high level of administration accuracy in processing payroll and maintaining;
- High volume payroll transaction processing;
- Excellent verbal/written communication and comprehension skills.