Perform secretarial duties using legal terminology, procedures, and documents. Prepare legal papers and correspondence, such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas. May also assist with legal research.
Legal Secretary Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Legal Secretary to join our team.
- Typing documents;
- other ad-hoc administrative tasks as directed;
- event and calendar management;
- preparing correspondence;
- Lodgement of legal documentation;
- General administration / Personal Assistant duties as required;
- Technical reporting;
- Expenditure reporting;
- Data entry;
- File management;
- Preparing documents; and;
- Exceptional client management skills;
- General administration as requested;
- Ad hoc administration duties.
- Demonstrated experience in working within a team and work on his/her own;
- Any relevant legal and/or business qualification;
- At least 2 years experience in the industry as a legal secretary;
- Must be able to show excellent time management skills;
- High accuracy and attention to detail is a must;
- Proficient user in Elite, K2, Big Hand, 3E, MS Office Suite, Outlook and InterAction;
- experience using legal practice management software (Leap preferred but not essential) and Microsoft Office 365;
- ability to liaise with clients, law firms and financial institutions;
- Understands the intricacies and demands of working within in a global law firm;
- Must be able to present well, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- experience with online platforms such as PEXA and InfoTrack;
- Demonstrated experience in working in high pressure situations yet still produce high quality and quantity of work;
- pride in document presentation and attention to detail;
- excellent communications skills both verbal and face to face;
- excellent multi-tasking skills to work on several different tasks at once.