The Videographer/Editor maintains and operates video equipment, edits select footage, and stays up-to-date with all new technological advances. Integrates video and audio capability to the e-Commerce site. Being a Videographer/Editor typically reports to a supervisor or manager. May require a bachelor’s degree. Being a Videographer/Editor gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Working as a Videographer/Editor typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Videographer/Editor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Videographer/Editor to join our team.
- Overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing;
- suggesting or selecting music;
- Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
- Energy and determination;
- Creativity and attention to detail;
- A high level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication;
- Can work in a variety of digital venues with software to edit and finish film work;
- Technical acumen to be able to operate, configure, set up, and fix video, audio, lighting, or other production equipment;
- Organisational and time management skills;
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind;
- The Adobe Creative Suite can be used for editing, scripting, or marketing a film;
- The ability to listen to others and to work well as part of a team;
- Must know computerized tape editing software and equipment;
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio;
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing;
- Patience and concentration;
- Creativity and a passionate interest in film and video editing.