Plan, develop, or conduct surveys. May analyze and interpret the meaning of survey data, determine survey objectives, or suggest or test question wording. Includes social scientists who primarily design questionnaires or supervise survey teams.
Data Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Data Analyst to join our team.
- Analyse data and reports to provide insights to the business;
- Support Marketing Analyst and Quantitative Analysts staff with data validation and processing;
- Review models and processes for improvement opportunities which will support operational excellence;
- Maintain data catalogue and document the level of quality as well as privacy requirements, purpose and ownership;
- Managing junior staff;
- Acquire data from primary or secondary sources;
- Uploading of required reports into the various systems;
- Providing data driven insights and analytics on pricing and credit performance for a growing lending and investments portfolio;
- Support BI Analysts in identification data gaps, addressing these by sourcing & integrating new data sets;
- Assisting with the preparation of data requests;
- Deliver a data analysis over a diverse range of data sources and formats, including structured, multi-structured and unstructured;
- Liaison with all the respective accounts managers;
- Manage relationships with data suppliers to ensure integrity, accuracy & timeliness & improvement of data sources;
- Guide the interpretation and communication of results of data analysis, making recommendations to stakeholders of varying levels of data literacy;
- Working closely with the sales team to capture up to date data on the invoices.
- Must have strong SQL skills (developer level);
- Tertiary qualification in a quantitative or technical discipline;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong understanding of data warehouse structure and data extraction;
- Experienced SQL, WebPortal and/SSRS is essential;
- Well developed report writing skills;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to engage stakeholders at all levels;
- A strong analytical mindset;
- Business analysis experience in a medium to large organisation;
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills;
- Minimum 1 year experience in Tableau, Power BI or Qlikview;
- Tertiary qualifications in a technical, IT or business related discipline (preferred);
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated exposure to a variety of Marketing, Sales and/or Commercial functions in large organisation;
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office 2010 including Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Word or other related processing packages.