Research, design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific, and general computing applications. Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements. May design embedded systems software. Apply principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
Senior Software Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
- Promote the constant improvement of product quality, security and performance;
- Liaise with internal and external peers and stakeholders;
- Deliver on technical leadership across engineering disciplines such as design, integration, test and manufacturing;
- Manage software projects for electronic systems to deliver projects on time, budget and quality for international customers on OEM level;
- Re-scope and debug software if required;
- contributing to and provide insight into emerging technologies to help support the cyber security function;
- designing and delivering technical security capabilities through CI/CD integration which spans across infrastructure, automation and vendor solutions;
- Operate according to Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD) principles;
- Apply expertise in developing back-end application and services in various languages (e.g: PHP, Golang, Node.js, Java). We mainly use PHP;
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility;
- Development and unit testing of an infrastructure framework underpinning several ABB products;
- Develop service-based architecture and designing persistence and caching models using RDBMS and NoSQL;
- Operating in agile teams that encourage and push innovation and knowledge sharing;
- Participating and preparing for release and sprint planning;
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, pair programming, code review and technology discussions.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent);
- Strong leadership skills and willingness to mentor junior members;
- At least 8 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge and experience in security as it relates to software development i.e.: SSL certificates, PKI, tokens, encryption;
- Very strong fluency in several programming languages + libraries/frameworks (exactly which ones not as important);
- Compile and review estimates around all technical aspects of a solution;
- experience on coding with either RDMBS or NoSQL database/cache;
- can think outside the box;
- exposure to Agile development processes and DevOps culture;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English;
- Interact with other Technical Leads, Solution Architects and Business Consultants to clarify requirements, design and develop solutions;
- strong sense of ownership, self-motivated and able to self-manage work;
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both written and verbal);
- Ability to grasp unfamiliar concepts / systems / languages / frameworks very quickly and be productive from day 1;
- Experience analysing, crafting, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts.