Production Manager (Volunteer) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Production Manager (Volunteer) to join our team.
- Communicate with senior editors to drive timely completion and posting of articles;
- Document production workflows in the operations manual;
- Assign and supervise Production Assistants in daily workflow;
- Manage the production flow of articles and communicate article status to the editorial team;
- Fill in as needed to support Production Assistants with their work.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, writing, English, or communications preferred;
- Be available to attend weekly organizational meetings every Monday morning EST;
- Be capable of getting good results from others through consistent — and firm but congenial — prodding;
- Familiarity with Google Docs and WordPress a plus;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- 3+ years experience in print or online newsroom publishing, or program/process management.