Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees’ time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks.
Payroll Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Payroll Manager to join our team.
- Processing end to end fortnightly payroll – responsible for payroll across your allocated regions;
- Educate employees on payroll changes and new policies;
- Maintaining employee and contractor records;
- Awards and EBA interpretation;
- Management of end to end process of payroll for 1000 employees;
- Reconciling and month end reporting;
- Manage the preparation and submission of all State and Federal tax obligations including PAYG tax and payroll tax;
- Continually improving processes and managing projects including implementations and upgrades;
- Prepare management reports and undertake costs analysis as required;
- Interpretation of awards to comply with legislation and agreements to include casuals, roster and shift work;
- Resolve any payroll related issues and questions;
- Reporting & analysing data to provide critical insights to the senior stakeholders;
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises etc);
- Responding to payroll enquiries and identifying issues and resolutions;
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships across the business.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- 5+ years’ experience working in a similar role;
- Experience dealing with external stakeholders such as the ATO, Centrelink, Child Support Agency and superannuation clearing houses;
- Experience with a system implementation would be an advantage;
- A passion for continuous improvements;
- Knowledge of multiple large payroll systems;
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Modern Awards, state and industry legislation coupled with previous experience interpreting enterprise agreements;
- Excellent computer literacy including the use of excel as an analytical and reporting tool; and;
- A customer service oriented approach to payroll;
- Previous experience managing a team of 5+ payroll staff;
- Experience managing and developing a team;
- Exceptional knowledge of end to end payroll processes;
- Familiarity with payroll and time and attendance systems.