Operations Superintendent Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Operations Superintendent to join our team.
- Develop and implement Maintenance Strategy for Mobile and Fixed Plant;
- Operational and cost reporting as required;
- Analysis of safety, plant efficiency and costs;
- Maintain a safety aware culture, and promote a safe work environment;
- Manage delivery of site inductions to visitors and contractors;
- Develop and implement operating procedures;
- Management of planned and unplanned maintenance activities;
- Compile and perform regular safety and environment inspections and audits;
- Optimise facility performance;
- Assist with any special projects as required;
- Management of Safety Health and Environment Management system.
- Mobile and Fixed Plant maintenance planning experience;
- Tertiary or trade certificate;
- Minimum 10 years experience in management and supervision of material handling plant maintenance and operation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to work as part of a small team;
- Demonstrated competency in the operation and maintenance of material handling plant facilities;
- Experience with maintenance planning and scheduling systems;
- Experience in coal handling plants and train loading operations desirable;
- High level of computer literacy, familiar with systems such as Excel, Power Point, Project, and Word;
- Self-starter, initiative, pro-active, adaptive and flexible.