Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of public or private sector organizations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources, but are too diverse and general in nature to be classified in any one functional area of management or administration, such as personnel, purchasing, or administrative services.
Operations Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Operations Manager to join our team.
- Contractor management;
- Inventory Management;
- Lead and manage the site to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives;
- Prepare monthly reports outlining activities including detailed action plans, improvement projects and financial targets;
- Work with the executive team to ensure employees are appropriately skilled, competent in practice, are developed and supervised;
- General administration and operations duties for General Manager and Managing Director;
- Lead and develop the customer support team;
- Plan, oversee and drive the production process;
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities including the quality control systems;
- Creates and maintains a safe working environment for self and others;
- Develop a strong performing team which encourages two-way communication and active employee engagement;
- Review utilization of resources to ensure best practice in each role;
- Purchasing and stock processes for the business;
- Managing, supporting and mentoring a team of developers, designers, project managers, sales consultants, and account managers;
- Other duties as directed by the Managing Director.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of perform and exceed targets;
- An understanding of OHS and public safety applications within your facility;
- Tertiary qualifications in either business, financial management, accounting and human resource disciplines are highly regarded;
- Self-starter and radiates positivity and possess a “can-do” attitude;
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly-changing work environment;
- An excellent grasp of financial forcasting;
- Some technical knowledge of mobile/web development;
- A proven track record in supporting new business development and driving growth of existing client accounts;
- Relevant industry experience advantageous;
- Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to translate business and marketing goals into clear objectives and requirements;
- IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- A people person is a must and engagement through the team is a priority;
- Strong SQL knowledge is a plus;
- Proven experience working within a similar role within the building and construction industry is essential;
- Experience with Shopify and associated apps.