The Risk Management Operations Manager initiates policies to comply with safety legislation and industry practices. Develops and administers risk-management and loss-prevention programs. Being a Risk Management Operations Manager acts as the liaison to attorneys, insurance companies and individuals, investigating any incidences that may result in asset loss. Researches and reports on the most cost effective plans to minimize asset liability. In addition, Risk Management Operations Manager reviews and analyzes risk management programs for the effectiveness of coverage and to reduce costs and losses. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Risk Management Operations Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Risk Management Operations Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Operational Risk Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Operational Risk Manager to join our team.
- Support the Head of First Line Risk in managing operational risk on a global basis;
- Ensure effective design of controls for changing processes;
- Manage the operational risk framework and improve awareness across the organisation, working with the business to embed the framework;
- Assist in driving a risk culture which promotes day to day Risk awareness;
- Monitoring and reporting on risk issues across the group and ensuring they are remediated;
- Provide the business with pragmatic, outcome-focused operational risk advice;
- Identifying any control gaps and ensuring that there is continuous assurance movig forward;
- Lead, prepare and complete various operational risk controls self assessment processes;
- Manage incidents and issues until completed and closed;
- Effective management of risk across Wealth Management products and interpreting how changes in customer engagement could pose new and unexposed risks.
- Ability to adapt to change;
- 5+ Years Operational Risk advisory experience (1LOD or 2LOD);
- Ability to navigate through complex matters and provide well-rounded, sound advice;
- Commercial approach;
- Credible stakeholder Management skills, the ability to talk up to senior management with the issues that matter the most not everything;
- Banking experience, ideally 3-5 years;
- Ability to learn quickly and a self-starter.