Marketing Assistant I coordinates and assists with the marketing activities of a product or business line. Uses simple marketing strategies and media (e.g., print, digital, customer events and trade shows) to launch and position products and services. Being a Marketing Assistant I may require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Marketing Assistant I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Marketing Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Marketing Assistant to join our team.
- Collection and management of seasonal sample archiving;
- Manage, create and publish original, high-quality shareable content;
- Organise briefs for influencers that may cross over from the PR function;
- Provide administrative and project support for a variety of marketing programs;
- Creating presentation decks for internal & external opportunities;
- Manage and oversee the growth of our podcast;
- Managing photography files & assets – Following naming conventions & best practice file outputting for intended end use;
- Monitor and analyse marketing campaigns and results and report on activity in monthly management report;
- Contributing to a positive, productive and fun work environment consistent with the Cargo Crew values;
- Liaise with the marketing team, agency and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing to our audience;
- Providing marketing support to the sales team and other areas of the business;
- Maintaining the media monitoring system;
- Assisting with customer journey communications and improvements, finding sticking points & improvements through data analysis;
- Prepare and manage two marketing budgets;
- Write and edit content for different platforms such as social media, website, and press releases.
- Strong writing skills;
- Be innovative, resourceful and adaptable;
- Creative flair;
- Team Player. Ability to work seamlessly with partners across various departments, including Product, Marketing, Sales, Customer Service and IT;
- Capable of telling a story through a presentation, content or social media;
- Strong knowledge of local area including tourism;
- Self-actualised on what’s working and what requires improvement;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- You thrive in an agile business environment and enjoy multi-tasking;
- You have a strong attention for detail and a keen design eye;
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills;
- Basic understanding and knowledge of design principals;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task;
- Working knowledge of digital channels for websites, EDM (Klaviyo) and social media channels (paid and organic);
- Customer and solutions focused.