Front-office managers coordinate reservations and room assignments and train and direct the hotel’s front-desk staff. They ensure that guests are treated courteously, that complaints and problems are resolved, and that requests for special services are carried out. Most front-office managers are also responsible for adjusting bills.
Front Office Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Front Office Manager to join our team.
- Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities;
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Front Office team;
- Evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Conduct monthly communication meetings and produce minutes;
- Oversee the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards;
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands;
- Assist with other departments, as necessary;
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork;
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments;
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation;
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems.
- Accountable and resilient;
- A minimum of 3 years of Front Office supervisory experience in the hotel, leisure, and/or retail sector;
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service;
- Experience of managing people and developing people;
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team;
- A degree or diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent;
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- High level of IT proficiency;
- Excellent grooming standards;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- High level of commercial awareness and sales capabilities;
- Previous experience of managing a department and Profit and Loss account.