Finance Manager-Cairns based Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Finance Manager-Cairns based to join our team.
- Ensure all Grant acquittals are up to date;
- Manage the financial operations of the organisation to ensure compliance with all legislative requirements and to required accounting standards;
- Manage and provide meaningful and timely reports to the organisations departments to enable operational compliance and manage departmental budgets;
- Development of 10 year financial plan based in part on the Asset management plan;
- Participation and proactive contribution in Management Team meetings;
- Preparation of accurate budgets and financial statements by allocated dates in accordance with legislation;
- Co-ordinate and manage the administration of Cairns Support Office;
- Attend monthly meetings in person or via video conference;
- Perform at least one comprehensive Budget Review per annum;
- Update and review financial policies;
- Act as the main point of contact for external audit and ensure audit report recommendations are carried out.
- Understanding of Local Government legislation and accounting;
- Minimum three years experience gained preferably within Local Government or the public sector and degree qualifications in Accounting plus CA / CPA;
- Demonstrated experience to review and develop new financial policies in line with Council and legislative requirements;
- Demonstrated experience with Synergy Soft desirable, advanced excel spreadsheet skills, cost benefit and fixed \ variable analysis skills.