Health and Safety Advisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to join our team.
- Support the behaviour based safety program through coaching and mentoring;
- Lead and participate in health and safety audits;
- Maintain current incident, injury and hazard reporting in our Compliance Software;
- Coach team leaders and workers in the application and enhancement of health and safety process (i.e. permit to work and lock out, tag out);
- Deliver safety related training as required including Toolbox Talks;
- Review WHS policies in accordance with legislation updates and communicate these changes to all stakeholders of the business;
- Manage on site safety inductions for new employees;
- Providing advice and direction during implementation application of the site SHMS;
- Maintain injury management, health and hygiene and emergency response programs;
- Participate in audit and assurance activities across the site;
- Assist and participate in the Company’s external compliance audit;
- Facilitate and coach event investigations;
- Provide incident investigation support and facilitation where required;
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing health and safety components of the business management system;
- Building relationships with multiple stakeholders across all departments of the site.
- Experience in systematic approached to safety during commissioning and operations;
- Skilled in effective communication and stakeholder management;
- Experience in leading or coaching formal investigations (TapRooT, ICAM, RCA etc.);
- Heavy industry, mining, refining or processing experience;
- Diploma or above in WHS;
- Degree related to WHS will be viewed favourably.