Conduct research, prepare reports, or formulate plans to address economic problems related to the production and distribution of goods and services or monetary and fiscal policy. May collect and process economic and statistical data using sampling techniques and econometric methods.
Economist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Economist to join our team.
- Managing and maintaining our property and building construction database, including gathering project level information;
- Supporting senior team members in the production of written reports and preparation of presentations;
- Producing short commentaries following key macroeconomic data releases;
- Working with senior team members to develop quantitative forecast models and produce longer research pieces that focus on a particular topic;
- Supporting our clients as they use the service, including responding to emails and phone calls.
- Engagement that draws on expert networks across the Department and broader Commonwealth Government;
- Economic writing, including how to write succinctly and with precision, particularly regarding complex quantitative or economic concepts;
- Verbal presentation skills and the capability to create compelling visuals;
- Analysing economic data to support policy change;
- High level economic theory and its application to real world policy advice.