Heavy Diesel Mechanic Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Heavy Diesel Mechanic to join our team.
- Service & maintenance of crane trucks;
- Conducting major and minor faults finding repairing and/or replacing as required (engine parts, brakes, drums);
- Diagnostics and heavy repairs;
- Keeping a clean & tidy workplace;
- Field work;
- Servicing trucks and trailers, including scheduled maintenance and breakdowns;
- Working closely and communicating with customers.
- 2-5 years post-apprenticeship experience;
- Trade qualified diesel motor/heavy motor mechanic;
- Physically fit, able to work in a variety of locations and a range of weather conditions;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritize workload to ensure smooth running on operations;
- Relevant qualification (at least AQF Cert IV) or a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Heavy Diesel Mechanic on European trucks;
- Repair and/or replace defective parts;
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team;
- Liaising with existing suppliers and researching alternative suppliers for all workshop items;
- Detecting and diagnosing faults in parts and engines;
- Experience working on European heavy commercial vehicles and varied trailer types and configurations;
- Conducting bi-annual ‘plant assessor’ risk assessments on all vehicles and machines;
- Checking daily pre-starts submitted by site personnel and scheduling required items;
- Current clean drivers licence, police clearance and a valid construction industry white card;
- Forklift license preferred.