Registered Nurses Registered nurses (RNs) provide and coordinate patient care, educate patients and the public about various health conditions.
Registered Nurse Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Registered Nurse to join our team.
- Creates and maintains positive relationships with care recipients, colleagues and visitors;
- Attends to complex wound procedures;
- Conducts care recipient assessments either as scheduled or when a change in care recipients health status indicates;
- Develops and evaluates care plans to improve care recipients care in consultation with care recipients and their representatives;
- Organise and attend medical practitioners’ or allied health professionals’ visits as required;
- Oversees care delivery to care recipients with complex and chronic health problems;
- Participate in continuous improvement activities in maintaining a high standard of care;
- Provide support and mentoring to new team members, and acts as a resource as required;
- Maintain close observation daily on the condition and behaviour of the residents;
- Follow all administrative protocols as required;
- Maintains efficient and effective documentation systems where required;
- Ensures safe medication management systems in line with legislative guidelines and standards;
- Ensure all observations are carried out as scheduled or as when necessary and maintain in the records;
- Carry out and supervise the daily treatment for residents as ordered.
- Ability to follow direction and strive to a high level and excellence and accuracy in your work;
- Excellent team players with a positive attitude and flexible work ethic;
- Demonstrate a commitment to our values and delivering the best person-centred care to our community and residents;
- Minimum 2 years experience as a RN (Health and/or Aged care experience will be considered);
- Demonstrate leadership skills and experience;
- Organization skills, knowledge of systems/processes;
- Emergency Department and intensive care experience will be highly regarded;
- A positive outlook and passion for aged care;
- Good communication skills;
- Sound knowledge of ACFI and Quality processes;
- Current Manual Handling Certificate;
- Current AHPRA registration;
- Proven Ventilator experience is highly desirable;
- Current Police Check;
- Advanced Life Support.