Senior Sous Chef Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Sous Chef to join our team.
- assist with the management of payroll, staff rotation and kitchen cleaning schedule;
- lead the kitchen line and oversee the quality and pace of food leaving the kitchen;
- provide and record a program of basic training for all new members of staff and to communicate performance and development issues on a regular basis;
- manage the team of kitchen staff during service and in absence of the Head Chef;
- liaise with the Head Chef to implement new menus;
- assist with the preparation of budgets and aim to achieve the budgeted gross profit;
- provide training and development for department staff in kitchen procedures.
- capable of running the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef;
- great understanding of COG’s, food quality consistency and all current food handling and safety regulations;
- strong leadership and mentoring skills with a focus on developing the kitchen team;
- minimum of 2 years senior experience in upscale kitchen;
- able to work at a rapid pace while maintaining attention to detail and ability to multi-task;
- professional, articulate, friendly, and punctual;
- excellent attitude and be willing to go out of the way to accommodate the guests and exceed expectations;
- high level of personal grooming essential;
- strong communication skills;
- strong computer literacy skills.