Japanese Chef Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Japanese Chef to join our team.
- Maintain highest level of food safety and hygiene practices;
- Stock ordering and management;
- Prepare, cook and present dishes to a high standard;
- Menu creation and associated costing;
- Supervise and train kitchen team ensuring excellence and consistency in food preparation;
- Managing the Sushi area within the Galley operation; ensuring the highest standard of service and quality of all dishes;
- Providing professionally prepared quality food product within budget;
- Managing, monitoring, developing and training members of the team to ensure the provision of high quality, professionally prepared food products.
- Experience in leading a team of kitchen and restaurant staff;
- High level of understanding of OH&S procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and great ability to work as part of a team;
- Trade qualification in Commercial Cookery;
- Knowledge of Japanese cuisine particularly in sushi, sashimi and Japanese hot food;
- Creative flair in menu creation;
- At least 2-3 years experiences working as Sushi/Japanese Chef.