Experienced Japanese Chef needed (Permanent- FT) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Experienced Japanese Chef needed (Permanent- FT) to join our team.
- Train and organise other kitchen and new staff in preparation of all Japanese food based on restaurant recipes and methods;
- Prepare, cook and present dishes to a high standard. Examining foodstuffs to ensure quality;
- Creative thinking in planning menus and estimate food requirements;
- Outstanding multitasking capability and willingness to work in a highly demanding position;
- Ability to respond under pressure and adjust to demand;
- Ensure foodstuffs are stored in the correct temperature controlled facilities;
- Capable of maintaining a clean, tidy and organised work station;
- Work with Japanese suppliers to import new products;
- High level of understanding of OH&S procedures;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and great ability to work as part of a team;
- Ordering ingredients from local and interstate suppliers.
- Experience in leading a team of kitchen and restaurant staff;
- Must have at least 2-3 years experiences working as a cook or Japanese chef in an Australian setting;
- Possess at least Certificate III in Commercial Cookery;
- Knowledge of Japanese cuisine particularly in sushi and homestyle Japanese cooking.