Carpenter & Joiner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Carpenter & Joiner to join our team.
- Carve and assemble equipment, cabinets, shelves and other items and install them where designated;
- Combines carpentry work with joining work;
- Inspect places and conduct repairs or maintenance;
- Build and install various structure such as window frames, doors, staircases and frame buildings by using timbers or pre-constructed items;
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp the job requirements;
- Build scaffolding and other construction structure;
- Shape irregular parts and trims excess materials to ensure the structure meets the specifications;
- Follow specification and standards of each project;
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed;
- Cut, shape and smooth materials such as wood, timber, metals, plastic laminate etc. according to measurements.
- Experience with external cladding;
- Own hand tools and belt;
- Be able to read & interpret plans;
- Experience on commercial sites desirable;
- Health and Safety focused;
- Experience with large scale concrete pours;
- Experience working with large construction teams;
- Current drivers licence and reliable vehicle;
- Construction White Card;
- Ability to pass medical and D&A tests;
- Minimum 2 years formwork carpentry experience.