Support Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Support Coordinator to join our team.
- Understand and provide appropriate care to patients with low needs to patients with high needs who demonstrate a range of challenging behaviors;
- Assisting with activities relating to daily living, community support, and empowerment;
- Manage a portfolio of participants, completing agreed activities within the hours and budget articulated in customers’ NDIS Plans;
- Work under general guidance from the personal seeking support, and their family, within clearly defined guidelines;
- Build and sustain relationships with external service providers and mainstream supports for the purpose of maximising opportunity for participants;
- Provide support to patients with physical and/or intellectual disabilities.
- Valid Working With Children Check;
- Bachelor Social Work;
- Understanding of the NDIS and government funding schemes;
- Exceptional customer service skills and a can-do attitude;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience in administration and report writing;
- Problem solving skills;
- Current NSW Drivers’ License and reliable car;
- knowledge of the role of the organisation and its structure and service;
- First Aid Certificate;
- Strong commitment to upholding the rights of people with a disability;
- Satisfactory Police Records Check;
- Current National Police Record Check;
- Knowledge and understanding of the NDIS;
- Flexibility to work in different working environments and undertake evening and weekend work when required.