Security Engineer – Cloud & Infrastructure Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Security Engineer – Cloud & Infrastructure to join our team.
- Broad Site Reliability and Security activities that improve the security fabric of our AWS virtual machine infrastructure;
- In concert with deploy-team, initial work will be ensuring we have secure base machine configurations, OSs and deployments;
- Building relationships and educating key stakeholders across the business and technology teams around best practice security;
- Drive large-scale focused security improvements to Canva products and services;
- Conduct security reviews of core corporate and production infrastructure;
- Improving the security of our network controls, and working with other engineers to harden our AWS account and identity environment;
- Reviewing our OS images and providing security support for alternative security platform work (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Three (3) or more years of experience as a Security Engineer;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong soft skills managing both technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Experience developing infrastructure and tools from scratch in Python, Java, Bash, or Golang;
- Experience supporting large-scale distributed Linux environments in Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Familiar with virtualization and containerization with technologies such as Mesos, Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker Cloud, AWS ECS;
- An understanding of the DevOps ecosystem concerning tooling, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure as Code;
- Be self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership over complex problems and their related solutions;
- Familiar with security issues across OS / Server hardening (Linux), 2FA / bastion, SSL, VPN, and broad network security concepts;
- Experience with database security and related concerns – we run MySQL, Mongo, Cassandra, and a few other database technologies and services.