Media Systems Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Media Systems Engineer to join our team.
- Special projects as required;
- Maintains media server software and associated hardware;
- Instructs technical and production staff on proper operation and procedures of media systems;
- Works with global counterparts and team members to design, install and document new media production systems;
- Creates and maintains documentation for systems;
- Provides frontline maintenance, troubleshooting and installation of equipment for all technical and operational departments throughout studio;
- Achieves and maintains expert knowledge of existing AV, Data, Network and other systems at the facility;
- Works to ensure best security practices are met and maintained;
- Conducts research and evaluation of new technology and trends to assess their impact on current and future projects;
- Provides high-level Avid Media Composer support to studio.
- Basic scripting experience with Python or other script languages;
- Troubleshooting experience;
- Basic to intermediate color theory knowledge and practical application preferred;
- SAN and NAS storage management preferred;
- Experience with projection technology and applications;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced production environment as part of a team;
- Familiarity with AV networking streaming technology;
- Installation and maintenance experience in post-production facilities with complex audio/video systems;
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff;
- Certified or wide-spread experience with media composer software preferred;
- Advanced Linux, Mac OS, Windows configurations skills.