Head of Security Engineering Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head of Security Engineering to join our team.
- Develop, maintain and publish up-to-date security policies, standards and guidelines;
- Provide in-team and cross-company leadership through direct and dotted-line management of security specialists across the company;
- Be the public face of Canva’s security program through publications, communications, and participation in conferences and public events;
- Inform and provide guidance to the Canva leadership on security issues, priorities and opportunities;
- Work in unison with our development and product disciplines to ensure security is always a first-class citizen;
- Work together with our Legal and GRC teams to ensure Privacy and Compliance are handled throughout the business;
- Educate our employees on company security policies and best practices;
- Continuously find ways of being a better, more secure and dependable organization.
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to influence others through education and collaboration;
- Knowledge of best practices for a cloud-first enterprise with multiple SaaS providers;
- Previous experience in software or systems engineering would be extremely beneficial in the role.