Technical Project Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our team.
- Identify and properly assess and escalate risks. Assist in establishing and implementing mitigation strategies to address risks;
- Plan and coordinate team delivery ceremonies;
- Ensure delivery progress is tracked and visible (SDLC/Agile management and communication tools);
- Establish team process and cadence;
- Monitor and measure team efficiency (throughput/velocity);
- Monitor and track project financials, ensuring projects are meeting profitability expectations;
- Ensure delivery needs and expectations are met (story quality, prioritization, WIP, definition of done, etc.);
- Ensure release procedures are followed;
- Manage delivery of software development projects.
- Ability to create, maintain and drive to project milestones;
- Strong understanding of various agile delivery methods (Kanban, Scrum, Lean, XP);
- Experience creating project communications and status appropriate for the needs of the project and audience;
- 2+ years of consulting company experience (preferred);
- 1-2+ years of technical project management experience managing agile teams of at least 5 full-time engineers;
- Prior experience as a software engineer (highly preferred);
- Passion for technology and ability to thrive working on a fast-paced projects;
- BA/BS+ degree, preferably in CS related major;
- Experience creating and fostering a collaborative team environment where everyone is able to do their best work and working toward the project’s goals.