The Senior Accountant ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. Being a Senior Accountant analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Prepares complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. In addition, Senior Accountant may supervise and guide lower-level accountants. Requires a bachelor’s degree. May require CPA certification. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Senior Accountant contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Accountant typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team.
- Preparation and submission of Monthly Reporting;
- Tax returns;
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances on a monthly basis;
- Assist in the consolidation process;
- Fortnightly Payroll processing;
- Liaise with clients and the broader team on day-to-day activity;
- Annual budgeting and forecasting;
- Resolving tax issues;
- Day to day accounting of the Australian business unit;
- Reconciliation of inter company balances on a monthly basis;
- Month end duties including accruals, journals, financial and management reporting;
- Leading month end, quarterly and annual close processes;
- Support budgeting and on-going forecasting;
- Developing strong relationships with clients;
- Maintaining a high standard of financial service to the City.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- A valid driver’s license as travel between our office will be required;
- A trustworthy and reliable personality;
- Strong work ethic, proactive attitude and commitment to learn;
- Few years’ experience in audit in a Big 4, or commercial experience in an international firm;
- Preparation of BAS, IAS, and GST returns, as well as taxable payment reports;
- 3-7 years’ experience working in an Australian Chartered Firm (essential);
- Completed Bachelor of Commerce/Business Degree, or currently completing similar studies;
- Possess a minimum of five years related experience;
- Degree qualified or proven work experience to justify education;
- XERO experience;
- Effective time management;
- High level of computer skills and an aptitude for finance systems;
- Preparation of financial accounts and tax returns for individual, companies, partnerships, and trusts;
- Strong financial accounting experience.