Fleet Administrator assists in the administration and coordination of the organization’s fleet of motor vehicles. Maintains accurate records of vehicles. Being a Fleet Administrator ensures compliance with government rules and regulations and files paperwork in support of this compliance as needed. Schedules repairs or preventative maintenance, ensuring that the necessary numbers of fleet vehicles are available at all times. Additionally, Fleet Administrator prior knowledge of DMV policies and procedures is preferred. Requires an associate degree. Typically reports to a supervisor. To be a Fleet Administrator typically requires 1-3 years of related experience. May be entry level if some experience in the skill. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision.
Fleet Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Fleet Administrator to join our team.
- Raise purchase orders and process invoices on behalf of customers;
- Provide general administrative support to the team including booking travel, document management, filing, archiving and team email inboxes;
- Generate reports based on KPI’s;
- Fleet administration including ordering fuel cards, managing infringements, registrations, e-tags etc;
- Prepare monthly supplier reconciliation for key suppliers;
- Manage inventory and perform annual stock take;
- Maintaining plant maintenance and defect registers;
- Administration of plant time sheets;
- Transport permit applications;
- Collaboration of Workshop plant packs and compliance paperwork;
- Processing of internal and external plant hire;
- Administration of internal and external transport invoicing.
- Experience using an ERP system (SAP, Salesforce or JD Edwards);
- Professional written and verbal communication skills;
- Competent word and excel skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Positive attitude, team player, willingness to complete any task to a high standard;
- Minimum 2 years experience in the civil earthmoving or transport logistics industries;
- Ability to multi-task and work towards deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- previous administrative experience.