The Financial Accountant I ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Assists in maintaining financial records and ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded. Being a Financial Accountant I assists in analyzing current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Compiles financial data to aid more senior accountants in the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. In addition, Financial Accountant I requires a bachelor’s degree. May require eligibility to sit for CPA exam. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Financial Accountant I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as a Financial Accountant I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Financial Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Financial Accountant to join our team.
- Ad hoc reporting;
- Tax Compliance and review of returns including Payroll tax, BAS, IAS, IDS and Income Tax Returns;
- Month End Processing and General Ledger reconciliations;
- Assistance of the preparation of month management reports;
- Support the tax team with GST, stamp duty and income tax reports & workings as required;
- Monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts;
- Day to day accounting of the Australian business unit;
- End of month journals and balance sheet accounts;
- Preparation of FBT returns;
- Financial Accounting up to and including management reporting and commentary;
- Working with the teams across the group to prepare management and statutory financial reports including the impact of tax accounting;
- Assist with month end accounting including journal postings, balance sheet reconciliations and preparation of BAS lodgements;
- Manage the accurate and timely preparation and lodgement of the Income Tax, FBT and GST returns;
- Ad-hoc administration and finance tasks when required;
- Ownership of the recharge process.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Commerce or Finance;
- Effective with stakeholder management;
- Big4 Chartered Accounting firm first mover with financial Services experience;
- Excellent MS Excel, Word & Outlook skills;
- Experience in manufacturing, wholesale or retail desirable;
- Advanced knowledge in Excel;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ensuring compliance in accordance with AIFRS and accounting standards;
- Life insurance accounting or wealth management client experience;
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts;
- Assist with strategic projects, utilising financial acumen and technical expertise to endure best outcome for the Group;
- Highly skilled in ability to prioritise tasks, use initiative and be self-directed to meet deadlines;
- SAP experience would be highly desirable;
- BAS and PAYG preparation and lodgement of specified reporting entities in a timely and accurate manner;
- Experience in Attache software would be a strong advantage.