Design or configure voice, video, and data communications systems. Supervise installation and post-installation service and maintenance.
Consultant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Consultant to join our team.
- Designing innovative technology solutions and architectures to complex business problems;
- Driving the linkage between business strategy and technology (and vice versa), to deliver meaningful outcomes;
- Managing the process through interview to offer stage and beyond;
- Identifying and developing client/business relationships in a competitive environment;
- Performing platform and vendor evaluations;
- Serve as a subject matter expert on-site, addressing the technical, developmental, or strategic IT needs;
- Respond to incidents, escalations, and exceptions in a professional manner;
- Defining the enterprise, domain, platform, infrastructure and integration architectures for clients;
- Track delivery against agreed timeframes and cost parameters, forecasting any likely deviations;
- Ensure project documentation is appropriately codified and captured into internal knowledge management systems;
- Participate in sales and proposal presentations as needed in addition to completing ongoing team account activities;
- Sourcing suitable candidates and briefing them on the opportunities offered by the client;
- Advise on and sell the most appropriate solution for attracting good candidates and maintain a candidate database;
- Run discovery sessions, and present business and technical presentations internally and externally;
- Networking to build business information that can be converted to commercial opportunities.
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in Computing Science, Business Administration or related field;
- Experienced in project management methodologies, business requirement and process documentation highly desirable;
- 2+ years of scripting or programming experience;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer interaction skills;
- A calm and professional approach in challenging situations;
- 2+ years of experience working with Linux and open source systems in a business environment;
- Flexible and adaptive, can cope with priorities changing;
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification; starting Red Hat Certified Administrator (RHCA) certification course when hired;
- Management experience highly regarded (small-medium sized teams);
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and focus on time management;
- Experience working within a Financial Services consultancy, delivering solutions for top tier banking clients – US & UK banks highly desirable;
- Top Secret Positive Vetting security clearance (TSPV);
- Experience with creation and maintenance of basic RPMs and development and deployment of a core profile;
- Experience working on pre-sales within a consulting environment;
- Previous experience or knowledge of Salesforce a strong plus.