Landscape Gardener Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Landscape Gardener to join our team.
- Implanting and maintaining flowerbeds and lawn areas by weeding, trimming, fertilising, watering and mowing;
- Assembling and positioning garden structures, constructing paths and installing water lines;
- Installing watering systems in gardening beds and lawns;
- Spraying plants and felling diseased trees to controls insects;
- Planting, propagating, hedging, trimming, installing plant protection and all general maintenance required;
- Fertilizing, mulching and maintaining the health of all plants with identification and prevention of diseases;
- Schedule landscape construction, liaising with construction companies and customers;
- Prepare surfaces for the laying of instant turf;
- Working with a small team to complete high quality garden maintenance;
- Setting out and installing gardening structures such as bird baths, water fountains, BBQ areas;
- Maintaining existing plant structures by pruning, installing support structures and shaping using hand tools;
- Selecting materials and plants for garden design;
- Drafting plans, preparing materials and arranging resources for construction projects;
- Installing gravel and paved areas and pathways;
- Arranging garden areas by potting, planting and propagating various plants as well as spreading top soils and turf lays.
- Able to pass urine drug & alcohol test;
- Available for an immediate start;
- Able to pass a police clearance for working with vulnerable persons;
- High Risk Forklift (LF) ticket;
- Certificate III in Horticulture (desired but not essential);
- Car Licence;
- Chainsaw ticket (desired but not essential).