VFX Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a VFX Supervisor to join our team.
- Lead the crew, provide mentoring, individual training and professional guidance as needed;
- Develop knowledge of the individual skills sets of VFX artists;
- Develops methodology and approach to show, including how to get work completed efficiently and within show budget;
- Participate in show and annual performance reviews for the VFX artists;
- Runs dailies, give crew direction on shots and assets, aesthetic direction and feedback;
- Collaborate closely with the ILM VFX Supervisors across studios to ensure that all work that comes through ILM Sydney meets client specifications;
- Maintain a high level of proficiency in current tools and methodologies – both proprietary and 3rd party applications available on the market;
- Represent ILM professionally and positively both within and outside the industry.
- Experience with Shake, Nuke, or proprietary equivalent;
- Experience with Maya, 3dsMax, XSI, or proprietary equivalent;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Lighting, Compositing, Digital Matte Painting, Texturing and Modeling;
- A demonstrable blend of technical and artistic skills, preferably with experience as a Technical Director or Digital Artist;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Fine Art, or equivalent work experience;
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop;
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills;
- Reel demonstrating robust high end Feature Film VFX experience.