Senior Texture Artist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Texture Artist to join our team.
- Works with production team (Leads and Supervisors) to execute the desired look of CG objects;
- Creates the textures, colors, and organic surface qualities needed in the completion of CG creatures and hard-surface models used in production;
- Maintains or exceeds consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work;
- Works closely with Art Directors, Modelers, and look-development TD’s in achieving desired look of models.
- Proficiency in Mari, Adobe Photoshop. Zbrush and procedural texture writing experience is preferred;
- Experience in UV layout, texture projections, and 2D texture painting in UV layouts;
- Good organizational skills;
- Modeling skills a plus;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Proficiency in the application and use of textures in one or more 3D applications (Maya strongly preferred);
- Strong Katana experience;
- Proficiency with LINUX/UNIX is required;
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information;
- Familiarity with film production; computer graphics.