Creature Technical Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Creature Technical Director to join our team.
- Wrangle creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines, such as:MOCAP data re-targeting in XSI/Maya;
- Hero-creature enveloping using a combination of commercial software packages and proprietary tools;
- Set up and run proprietary cloth, hair, flesh surfaces and rigid body simulations;
- Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in various software packages;
- Act as wrangler for a creature and/or a specific technique used across multiple creatures;
- Wrangle creature rigging issues for artists in other disciplines;
- Run flesh-volume simulations;
- Create dynamic simulations in packages such as Maya/XSI;
- Mentor entry level artists.
- Proficiency with Linux is required;
- Experience with python scripting;
- Expertise with Maya and Massive is required;
- Stays agile and flexible;
- Always curious and seeks new learning opportunities;
- Plans well and Manages Priorities;
- Good social skills and communication skills;
- Thinks Analytically and innovatively;
- Drive for results.