Creature Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Creature Supervisor to join our team.
- Participates in turnover meetings, asset breakdowns, and bidding/re-bidding over the course of the show;
- Responsible for defining animation controls and rigging puppets to be used by other departments, such as Animation;
- Deep understanding in anatomy and muscle dynamics. Good eye for aesthetics of body/face deformations;
- Supervising/mentoring creature team and identifying talent/performance within the team to meet show/department needs. Skills development and training.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have strong leadership skills, including communication and ability to delegate;
- Drive for results;
- Thinks Analytically and innovatively;
- Plans well and Manages Priorities;
- Plus point if experienced in C++, specifically Maya plugin development;
- Meticulous and methodical work habits;
- Excellent communications skills and leadership qualities. Professional manner in a pressured environment;
- Thorough understanding of UNIX, shell scripting, Renderman or other procedural shading language;
- Highly proficient in Linux, Python, Maya;
- Always curious and seeks new learning opportunities;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Stays agile and flexible.