CG Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CG Supervisor to join our team.
- Responsible for show-specific forecasting of license, machine, render and storage needs throughout show schedule;
- Partners with appropriate studio reps across ILM global locations to provide show projections for larger, studio-wide assessments and reports;
- Owns show approach plan and partners with key supervisors across all ILM global locations for specifics on show planning, delivery, etc;
- Partners with CG Technology Supervisors and R&D, PE and IT supervisors on canonical issues and priorities related to show needs.
- Demonstrates ability to work with competency, energy and enthusiasm within a team environment with minimal supervision;
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, Python and shell scripting required;
- Demonstrates superb problem-solving skills and takes the initiative to offer ideas and suggestions;
- Look dev and/or shader writing a plus, layout and matchmove a plus;
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize tasks managing time very well, providing everyone with accurate time estimates on shot task completion;
- Demonstrates the ability to engage in the creative process without ego, and accepts all final decisions with a positive and supportive attitude;
- Conversant in many of the ILM methodologies;
- Sets a standard for all Technical Directors in continually raising the bar of for speed, quality of work and adaptability;
- Demonstrates the ability to help and teach more junior level artists and lead others on huge shots or small sequences;
- Technical Skills: Familiar with Maya, Katana, Zeno and Nuke;
- Strong awareness of deadlines.