Robotics Engineer – SLAM Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Robotics Engineer – SLAM to join our team.
- Develop knowledge of both the software and hardware elements of the product that incorporates the SLAM algorithm;
- Engage with internal and external users and support their use of the SLAM software;
- Analyse and investigate opportunities to optimise and enhance SLAM algorithms on Hovermap data;
- Write and maintain user documentation including user manuals and best practice guidelines;
- Leverage access to a wide range of data to extend the use of SLAM software in novel and challenging environments;
- Maintain a knowledge base of discovered issues and their resolution;
- Research and implement innovative algorithms for auto-tuning or extending the SLAM software;
- Investigate data quality issues and liaise with domain experts to identify faults and propose solutions;
- Process data, evaluate quality, generate data products for external and internal users;
- Track and report on major issues and customers needs and expectations.
- Self motivated with a strong desire to ensure good outcomes for stakeholders;
- Software development with Python and C++
- Exceptional problem solving, mathematics and spatial reasoning skills;
- Qualifications (Bachelor+) in software, robotics, mathematics or related field;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience in supporting technical products including software;
- Exposure to Robotics and/or electronics;
- Experience with surveying or GIS tools and software;
- Experience with Lidar mapping and SLAM will be very highly regarded;
- Experience with point clouds and 3D data analysis software.