Mechatronics Engineer – Robotics Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mechatronics Engineer – Robotics to join our team.
- Research, design and development of products for manufacture;
- Maintain technical skills and awareness of technical improvements, advice management team of new technological advances;
- Mechanical design using Solidworks and other industry tools;
- Meet architecture and interface requirements whilst designing, developing, prototyping, and verifying new products from concept through to production;
- Assist in the preparation and review of system documentation including System Specifications, Risk Analyses, Regulatory Submissions etc;
- Interface with other project stakeholders to ensure that the system objectives are balanced with overall project objectives;
- Write critical verification and investigation reports to a high level of detail;
- Liaise with internal customers, suppliers and sub-contractors in relation to design architecture, interfaces and issues.
- Mechanical design of parts and assemblies, including drawings, documentation and releases. (Solidworks);
- You have a Bachelors or Master degree in Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineering, or related field;
- Ability to find novel solutions for design problems particularly, weight restrictions, IP ratings, vibrations;
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary systems (Mech, elec, etc.);
- Experience designing test jigs and evaluation platforms;
- Experience using 3D printing for prototyping;
- You have experience with robotic systems and familiarity with various concepts in robotics;
- Experience using simulation tools for mechanical design;
- Competent level of embedded programming skills;
- Experience with electrical and electronics design and software (Altium).