Lighting Technical Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lighting Technical Director to join our team.
- Responsible for compiling the various elements of a shot and seeing it through to completion;
- Develop solutions and techniques that meet art/technical direction;
- Light, material assign and render for actors using CG hair and scattering skin materials;
- Able to navigate and use previous setups for at least a dozen shots, insertion of shot specialization, managing multiple assets and lighting setups;
- Creates images, effects and programs for digitally composited sequences;
- Management of volumetric light setups, including shadowing and cucoloris development;
- Designs and implements direct and reflected lighting and shadows for assigned shots that meet art and tone direction.
- Linux and scripting ability in Python;
- C++ skills also applicable;
- Advanced simulation experience with either Houdini, Maya, XSI, 3DS Max or other software, and ability to write expressions or authoring of shaders;
- Experience in MEL.