Plan and design land areas for projects such as parks and other recreational facilities, airports, highways, hospitals, schools, land subdivisions, and commercial, industrial, and residential sites.
Landscape Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Landscape Architect to join our team.
- Liaising with clients to prepare building plans and structural models;
- Coordination with project designers and directors in international offices;
- Client and project management;
- Preparation of masterplans, landscape design (all stages) and landscape / project-related research;
- Participation in proposal, marketing and business development activities and events;
- Liaison with project designers in international offices;
- Tailoring project contracts to agreed specifications;
- Preparation of masterplans, landscape design, research and documentation (all stages);
- Inspecting project construction to ensure adherence to pre-approved plans;
- Team building and management to facilitate successful progression and completion of landscape projects;
- Conducting site visits and consulting with suppliers to ensure project viability;
- Planning project materials, costs and timelines;
- Financial reporting throughout all stages of projects.
- Independently complete assigned tasks;
- Prepare graphic and text based components of landscape architecture reports;
- Deliver quality hand drawn and computer generated graphic support;
- Participation in international projects with some travel requirements;
- Minimum 8 yrs. design experience in creative design and team management;
- Ability to work independently and build a supporting team;
- Outstanding visualisation and graphic skills;
- Provide support for the concept, detailed design and contract administration phases;
- Provide input into fee proposals, tenders and submissions for potential projects;
- Strong leadership and excellent communication skills;
- Minimum 4 yrs. design experience in creative design and a collaborative work environment.