Research, design, develop, or test automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control.
Automation Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Automation Engineer to join our team.
- Collaborate with the scrum teams to provide input into test coverage at all levels;
- Log and manage defects through to resolution;
- Writing and maintaining automated tests and ensuring continuous improvements of test automation practice;
- Writing in-depth, comprehensive test scenarios;
- Maintain a high level of test coverage;
- Drive application testing, tooling and framework development;
- Producing test protocols, incorporating available test cases, to be executed for each release cycle;
- Adhere to the defect tracking process using a defect tracking tool (JIRA preferred);
- Develop risk-based manual and automated test plans required in assessing code quality;
- Collaboration with Product Management and Software Development to fully refine test cases and test scenarios.
- Strong understanding of TDD framework and acceptance criteria;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Development/Programming experience preferred (C#/.net);
- Develop and execute automated test scripts;
- Strong experience setting up and maintaining test automation framework;
- Strong coding skills in C# (experience with code reviews/pair testing with developers desireable);
- Extensive experience with a variety of automated testing tools (Selenium, Protractor, Cypress etc.).